Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 24, 2011: You Say Goodbye And I Say Hello

Last night I said goodbye so long for now to my college roommate. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not forever, she will be back soon! Plus, now they make these magical things called phones and Skype so we should be able to keep in touch no problem. Tonight I am meeting up with one of my cousins to help her with her resume/job search. Thankfully we're meeting at a place not far from my job so tonight shouldn't be a late one. She's not one of the cousins that I am super close with but, I am happy to help. Maybe I'll make a new friend, Hello!

This dress is one of my thrifting treasures. When my Mom and I went this year for a potential birthday extravaganza I didn't end up finding as much stuff as last year but, that's ok. It's the nature of thrifting! I was definitely at a loss when it came to accessorizing this posh polyester prize. I originally picked out a pair of gold hoop earrings but, ended up going with a different pair. I was really aware that those types of earrings might send a message (I'm Puerto Rican if you didn't know) to people who think in negative stereotypes.

Maybe I'm just being self conscious but, I tend to stay away from certain types of jewelry (ahem, gold hoops) because of the message that it could send. Mostly, I just don't prefer gold though. Do you ever find yourself limiting your wardrobe so people don't judge you based on any kind (sex, nationality, etc.) of stereotypes ?

  • Top: purple vintage dress, birthday gift from mom with a tank top underneath for the modesty; gray ruffle trim cardigan, LOFT/birthday gift from BF's parents
  • Shoes & Accessoriesbrown giraffe print peep toe shoes, Adrienne Vitadinni via DSW/gift from BFsilver and gold teardrop earrings, V'ta Jewelry; brown tote bag, Bulga  

My Stella and Dot picks for this outfit are:

Estate Chandelier Earrings

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed hereherehere and here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...