Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 25, 2011: Sexy Librarian

Sorry for the delay Blogger was giving me some serious problems this morning that I did not have time to deal with in the morning rush. Normally I will run a search when updating on items that I have previously worn and it told me that I have never written anything about "tweed"... seriously!? So since I couldn't get the whole post together and still make my bus I decided to put it off until I got home. This allowed me to get a few compliments at work that I could tell you about. Apparently, my professional pattern mixing is appreciated!

This title is what BF described my look as when I put on this outfit to take the pictures. That wasn't really the look I was going for but, I'll take what I can get... Isn't is funny how when you put on something that is very covered up but, form hugging it instantly becomes "sexy." To combat the pulling/inappropriateness of the third button (the one that sits over my bosom, that jerk) I put on a cardigan. I figured worse comes to worse I could always pull that closed if things for out of control which they (thankfully) didn't. Do you have a "sexy" but, covered up look? What does it consist of?

It took alot of self control to not have a title that was earthquake related but, obviously I don't have a ton since I still mentioned it. I'll be honest I didn't feel a thing because I was "hoofing it" from one end of the office to another but, then all of a sudden people talking about it, running downstairs, our phones weren't working, etc. and it was confirmed by CNN.com moments later. All this experience did (for me) was allow me to say that I survived it, get a few swarm badges on foursquare, and reaffirm that NYC is not the place to be when buildings shake or anything else happens, everyone jumps to "terrorism" and panics. How was it for you guys? Did anyone else feel the Earth shake?
  • Top: pink striped button down shirt, GAP; black cardigan, Merona via Target/gift from BF
  • Bottomblack and white tweed pencil skirt, Isaac Mizrahi for Target via The Unique Thrift Store
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack patent leather t-strap pumps, LOFT; chalcedony and mother of pearl earrings, Gem Cove/birthday gift from Mom; black belt, came with this dressgray and black purse, Pietro Alessandro

My Stella & Dot Pick:
After the Rain Bracelet

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, and here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...