Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 2, 2011: Same Shizzle, Different Day

Despite everything else that is going on this week today is another day at the office... when I was younger this would not have been the case. I probably would have taken the week off for my birthday or work as little as humanly possible to prepare for the celebration that was my birthday. Why is that? Because my birthday might as well have been national holiday in my house... Maybe my parents totally (over)compensated for the fact that no one is around at this time in the summer to celebrate or maybe I'm just that awesome, either way birthdays were fantastic. As I get older they aren't as grandiose and that's ok. I don't really have the effort to put into planning and coordinating a party and it's still a challenge to find people that haven't evacuated NYC for the summer.

Also, as I get older there is more going on this week than just my birthday I have appointments that I need to keep and other things that need to get taken care of... I guess that is the glamour of growing up!
  • Toppink sweater with black trim, Alfani via Macy's via Mom;
  • Bottomblack pinstripe suit skirt, Calvin Klein via SYMS
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack peep toe wedges, Payless/gift from BF; pearl earrings, Macy's/birthday gift from Mom; gray and black purse, Pietro Alessandro 

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, and here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...