Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29, 2011: Self Inspired

Do you like the progression of curly hair? First day it is down, then half up, then all up. If I don't do something drastic (like wash it) there is going to be some craziness! Or I will just put it up in a ponytail again but, I digress... 

When trying to plan out today's outfit I wasn't really struck with any great ideas until I caught a glimpse of this skirt hanging in my closet. I remembered that fun combo that I wore the other night to go out and thought why not do something similar for today? I could have gone with the same exact thing and just thrown a blazer over it (that is allowed by the rules) but, that would be too easy. Maybe I'll save that for another day... How do you make your weekend looks work for the professional/academic world? Is there even a need for you to differentiate?
  • Topaqua dolman sleeve top, Old Navy with a tank top underneath for the modesty; khaki safari jacket, LOFT (same jacket different color here,hereherehere, and here)
  • Bottompink and coral polka dots skirt, New York & Company (same skirt different color here)
  • Shoes & Accessoriessilver Stella wedge pumps, Seychelles via DSW/gift from BF; mixed metal earrings, gift from Natalia/ModCloth; vintage Louis Vuitton speedy, eBay

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed herehereherehere, here, and here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...