Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 22. 2011: Losing My Touch?

In my extreme sense of tired after this long weekend I decided to pick an outfit that was safe easy and wear a suit yesterday. I'll be honest I almost feel like I'm copping out. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely suit that has some really beautiful floral details (note to self take close up pictures next time) but, it's just... a suit. There were no colorful tights or crazy shoes to spice it up. The closest I got was a little pop of color in the shirt which worked nicely with the little flecks of color in the tweed (note to self seriously take close up pictures next time) but, that isn't much. I can't help but, feel that this new office culture is sucking the creativity out of me in terms of getting dressed. Or maybe it's just that I don't want people to think I'm crazy or color blind right off the bat. What do you do to spice it up when you feel like you're in a wardrobe funk?
  • Topblue short sleeved sweater, Ann Taylor Loft (same shirt different color here and here); brown tweed jacket with floral details, George via Unique Thrift Store
  • Bottom: brown tweed skirt with floral details, George via Unique Thrift Store
  • Shoes & Accessoriesgray pumps, Steve Madden; pearl earrings, birthday gift from Mom a few years ago; beige pantyhose, No Nonsense via Stop and Shop; yellow alley bag

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed  here and here:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...