Greetings! I'm Katy from ModlyChic and I'm guest posting here for the day on how to pack for a weekend trip. Apparently, according to Iris, I'm the consummate weekend traveler, which is true now that I think about the amount of times I've packed my bags up for a three-day trip. When I went away for three weeks at the beginning of the summer I wrote about packing lightly for a long trip, but some of the rules are different for a short one.
How to pack lightly for a weekend away:
- Go with two basics. A pair of jeans and a dress perhaps. Both items should be able to be mixed and matched with multiple other things.
- Add a couple layer-able pieces. The shirts, vests or sweaters you pack should be able to coordinate with both the starting basics, allowing you to create multiple outfits from the same items remixed.
- Accent your look. Pack a couple pairs of earrings, a necklace, a couple bracelets, a ring and be done with your accessories.
- Go easy on the shoes. I think we ladies tend to over-pack shoes. A pair of comfortable day shoes and a pair of killer heels is all you need. Save your back and don't take a bunch of pairs you can't possibly wear.
- Take only the makeup essentials. A foundation, blush, mascara, lipgloss and a small eye-shadow palette is all you need.