Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekly Manicure: Half Moon Cheetah

Last week I found my manicure in pretty good shape at the end of the week, despite the warnings from the Incoco kiosk person. The only major issue was the fact that my nails had grown a bit (as they tend to do) so, I decided to try something new instead of giving myself a whole new manicure



Enter, Half Moon Cheetah! Most half moon manicure tutorials tell you to start with a single color and then use some sort of round stickers to mark the half moon part while painting a second color on the upper part of your nail over the base color. Since I already had the color I wanted on the upper part of my nail I needed to try something a little different to get the desired effect. Using "old-fashioned" hole protector stickers I laid out a half moon shape at the bottom of each of my nails. It was a little tricky on the bigger nails (ex: my thumbs) but, I by cutting them in half a bit off center I managed to finagle them into a shape that worked.


They were was perfect for the task at hand and I painted a few coats of Sally Hansen's Nailgrowth Miracle in Wholesome Earth  in the half moon shape at the bottom of my nail and violá an easy, do-it-yourself half moon manicure!


One of the things that I would be cautious about is making sure that the area you paint is very dry before you remove the stickers or you might mess up the edges. You could seal it with a top coat if you want but, I didn't and it was fine. This is an excellent way to spice up your existing manicure and make those nail strips last one week longer if they are holding up to your daily wear and tear!


How do you think it came out?

2 comments:

  1. Great way to extend a mani. You're very resourceful. Is it your HR / recruiting experience that spills over into "real" life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's probably the way I was raised although being in recruiting doesn't hurt, you definitely need to be creative sometimes

      Delete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...