Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weekly Manicure: Mint Sorbet

While I don’t own any mint colored clothing it is one of the Spring 2012 trends that is calling out to me. I was trying to think of a (cost-free/low-cost) way to bring more mint into my life when I remembered Essie Mint Candy Apple polish. That would be the perfect way to incorporate the mint trend everyday next week without breaking the bank or buying any new clothes. With no time to order, I decided to stop by my local CVS and see what I could find in their beauty department.

As expected I came across a few similar shades of mint green from Revlon and Sally Hansen. While I was excited that my plan was coming to fruition I was also overwhelmed with all the choices; Did I want Revlon Minted? How about Sally Hansen Nail Growth Gentle Blossom? Perhaps Sally Hansen Smooth & Perfect Color + Care in Sea? So many choices! I’m glad I stopped with those two brands. I ended up picking Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Mint Sorbet. Why, you might wonder? Because, it was the cheapest one they had by a (considerable) margin; It was only $3.59, about half the price compared to other iterations of mint and most decent quality nail polish in general! I found it in a commonly overlooked place, at the bottom of the shelf. Don’t let stores trick you into buying the first thing you see! Take time and look high and low (literally) the best deals are normally in places that you wouldn’t check at all!


What spring trends (nail polish or otherwise) are you most excited for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...