Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 4, 2011: Emergency Shoes

We all know how I feel about the commuter shoe but, today I found myself in a situation with an unexpected amount of schlepping around. I got a panicked phone call shortly after arriving at work from a friend telling me that another mutual friend of ours was dizzy, vomiting, and (worst of all) alone. When she was describing the symptoms to me it sounded like vertigo which I can say from past experience is one of the worst things to experience.

So I talked with my boss and rushed to my sick friends aide but, after pounding the pavement from my office to her apartment I had to take off my shoes to hike up the five flights of stairs to her place. Sufficed to say at that point I was done with all the fancy-ness of those t-straps and I needed an alternative pair of shoes. Thankfully, she lent me some flats. I love how well they complimented my outfit. As much as I might have helped her today by getting her to the doctor and back home she totally saved my feet!
  • Topblue ruffled blouse, Atelier via Loehmanns; tank top underneath for the modesty; black blazer, Ann Taylor via Melissa
  • Bottomblack and white tweed pencil skirt, Isaac Mizrahi for Target via The Unique Thrift Store
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack patent leather t-strap pumps, LOFT; blue multi colored peep toe flats, Madden Girl via Katie; black ultra sheer stockings, Hanes Silk Reflections via Robert Veridi's Luxe Lab; Femme Fatale Necklace, Stella & Dotsilver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.gray and black Ashley shoulder bag, Pietro Alessandro



Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, hereherehere, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...