Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February 25, 2011: You Were The One I Loved, The One Thing That I Tried To Hold On To


Sorry for being so MIA things have been a little hectic around here; new jobs are crazy! I will be catching up as quickly as I can. Anyway... remember how I had said there would be no more Friday jeans for me well, that wasn't entirely accurate. The new office where I am does a charity day one Friday a month where if you donate to a worthy cause you can delight in denim. Sufficed to say I had no problem finding a few bucks especially because it was rainy and gross outside. Money can buy happiness... at least in terms of corporate casual Friday.

One cause that I was unfortunately lax about this month was wearing red to promote heart health. There were a few days where I did but, not on Fridays. I tried to stick with it for the last Friday of the month especially after I found a donation kit from the American Heart Association in my new desk. My new boss informed me that they always send something and to just toss it because that wasn't a chosen charity for 2011 (she's not as rough as she sounds, I promise.) In the kit there was a bag of red dress pins so I snagged one for myself. I have lots of extras so, if you interested please email me. I'd be happy to send one your way (US addresses only)

On another note, I miscounted when I said I had three months left. Really this personal style challenge comes to a close on April 1, 2011 since it started (way back in the day) on April 1, 2010. So that means that this is the last month. I know I can't believe it either.
  • Topwhite crochet neck top, LOFT (same shirt different color here,hereherehere, and here); brown and black zebra print cardigan, New York and Company
  • Bottomdouble waistband denim trouser tailored by me, LOFT Christmas Gift
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack Madison Heights Tall Boots, Timberland via Zappos; red dress pin, American Heart Association; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; black Spy Bag, Fendi (not pictured)

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, here, and here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...