Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 2, 2011: The Show Must Go On

Even though there is an rain/ice storm happening outside I still have things to do today. Especially since, I officially gave my notice yesterday. (It went well, YAY) I have an epic to do list from my boss so I can get him caught up on all the stuff I am responsible for and naturally there is a job fair today. On top of that (and despite the fact that I missed my first two reservations, thanks snow) it is NYC Restaurant Week again! I have reservations tonight and Friday which I am hoping to keep!

So, what's a girl to do when there a million different things on her plate? Throw on a dress of course! I had spotted this one on the Newport News website a few years ago. I thought it was lovely but, way expensive plus, I'm not a fan of ordering without trying on so I let it go... While I was at the thrift store with my mom I spotted it on the rack just begging to be snatched up by us. One of the things that I hadn't noticed (or had forgotten) was that is had some crazy bell sleeves... so not my style! Mom took care of that with her mad sewing skills and now the dress is just right. I decided to pair it with orange tights for a bunch of reasons: it's cold, they're awesome, and I am going to be heading into a super corporate environment in a week and a half.  I don't think orange tights will work and I'm a little nervous about that. Yes, that is what I am most nervous about and some other stuff but, I digress... If you work in a corporate office how do you dress? Even if you don't do you have any tips for me?

  • Top: beige multicolored dress, Newport News via Unique Thrift Store with a tank top underneath for the modesty
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack Madison Heights Tall Boots, Timberland via Zappos; orange tights, Comfort Choice/Christmas gift from Cousin V (same tights different color on sale here); green jade earrings, Elizabeth Showers Vintage; blue Foley + Corrina City Clutch, gifted via Plaza Too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...