Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14, 2011: The Best Laid Plans...



In an attempt to smoothly conform with my new company dress code I am take part in Modest Fashion Week... also, I'm pretty darn classy!

I should be super excited (and maybe a little nervous) about headed to my new job today. Instead I am something else. I'm not exactly sure what (aggravated, angry, frustrated, nervous, helpless, all of the above?) but, I can tell you why... I am now a dead ringer for the little kid from Dutch Boy paint. I thought that it would be a great confidence booster to get my hair cut; not just a trim like a serious cut. So, I headed to my hair dresser (who primarily speaks Spanish) with my Mom (who translates). Long story short... Mom needs to get her hearing checked because this is what I ended up with. It's not bad and hair grows I get that but, I'm not going to lie my confidence took a major hit. I am so unbelievably uncomfortable and slightly more nervous than expected... I didn't even want to post this picture.
  • Top: magenta pinstripe button down, New York & Company with a tank top underneath for the modesty; black long cardigan, New York & Company
  • Bottom: gray pencil skirt, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Candies via Kohl's; black tights, Just My Size via CVS; pearl earrings, gift from Mom; silver bag, L.A.M.B via Loehmanns 

Items from this outfit are previously seen here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here.


Don't forget to enter the Shopbop Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...