Friday, February 18, 2011

FBFF: Body Image

1. Since you started blogging has your image of yourself changed? 

Yes, I would be shocked if it didn't. I would say overall it has been a positive thing but, seeing pictures of myself everyday (some better than others) has at times been difficult. It's when you picking the least terrible shot that it becomes no fun at all.

2. Are you self-conscious about any aspect of yourself? If so, do you go out of your way to avoid it or do you post it/talk about it anyway?

I am definitely self conscious about things. I just try to make sure that I look put together in all the photos for the most part that things that I don't like seem to be less prominent. The one thing that I did talk about was the fact that I have gained weight. It is something that has been an everyday struggle for me especially when I don't fit in the clothes I am supposed to be wearing in this personal style challenge but, one needs to get dressed and I committed to doing this so the world keeps turning...

3. Based on how you are feeling now, what do you think the future holds in the evolution of your body image?

Personally, I am not sure all that much will change. I know what I like about my body and I know what I don't. I know that it really isn't as bad in reality as it is in my head. There are bad days and good days and it will always be that way for everyone. In terms of people in general, I hope that everyone will become more accepting of the "average" woman, not everyone is a 6ft. size 2 model.

4. Do you photograph yourself for your blog? If so, how do you feel about the experience when you’re having your picture taken? If you choose not to post pictures of yourself, what prompted that decision?

For the most part I don't photograph myself, BF does. I will say I am super self conscious! I don't want to smile (he has to coax it out of me) and I fidget like whoa... it can be fun but, recently it has felt like more of a chore. I suspect that is because of all the changes in my schedule and the weather has been totally lame. Hopefully when it warms up things will be better!

5. What would you want every person who struggles with body image to take to heart?

Not to make this into more of a therapy session that it feels like but, I would tell them to check out the blogosphere and take in what normal everyday woman have put out there. If we can do it than anyone can!

Check out everyone else's answers at ModlyChic!

Don't forget to enter the Shopbop Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...