Saturday, May 29, 2010

"You've Got This!" Week

I racked my brain trying to come up with an idea for a theme week and after much consideration (and help from friends) I came up with "You've Got This!": Spring 2010 Trend Week. The title is too long I know but, it was hard to come up with a shorter version and still convey the message.

Here's a little background; I would consider myself to be a stylish person but, I can't afford to jump on the bandwagon for every single trend that graces the covers of glossies throughout the changing seasons. To be honest, sometimes I wouldn't want to but, there are some good ones this spring. After taking a good look at some of the on trend things this spring I realize what mom says is true, things always come back in style and I can wear clothes representative of "new trends" from my current wardrobe.

That is basically the theme of this coming week for anyone who wants to join me; form trendy outfits with things you already have in your closet. No buying anything new! I am honestly a little nervous that I am not going to be able to come through but, I am willing to give it a try. Also, I didn't realize this but, it's a short week so I should have a little more faith! If you are interested in joining me please leave a comment with your name and a link to your blog, I will compile a list of all participants for the first post on Tuesday. Also, please save the picture to use in your posts and link back to 260 Days, No Repeats,

Here are some Spring 2010 trends we should be inspired by:
  1. Statement Necklace
  2. Boyfriend Blazer
  3. Belts
  4. Florals
  5. Ruffles
  6. Trench Coat
  7. Bangles
  8. Gladiator Sandals
  9. Hobo Bag
  10. Cargo Pants
  11. Military Inspired
  12. Nude Shoes
  13. Denim Skirt
  14. Skinny Jeans
  15. Wedges
  16. Boyfriend Jeans
  17. Turquoise Jewelry
  18. Nautical Themes
  19. One Shoulder Dresses/Tops
  20. Fringed Handbags

1 comment:

  1. I'm in! This sounds like fun - I always surprise myself by finding the trends that have been sitting in my closet for years.

    http://maddressgame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...