Thursday, June 18, 2015

Define "Too Big?"

This dress is another example of something that might be past its (sartorial) expiration date (for me.) Moment of honesty: the first time I wore this dress it was a bit tight for me. So tight, that I split a seam at the waist while getting into my car at the beginning of the work day, awkward turtle (for real...) Thankfully, at the time, I was wearing a belt so I was able to cover it up and my Mom fixed it with her mad sewing skills. Fast forward to right now and this same dress is big.

Thankfully it still works (for now) and I am gong to give it a reprieve from the donation bin. Through this whole wardrobe purge process I've found it much easier to be forgiving (of size issues) with skirts and some dresses as opposed to pants and shirts. I have mixed feelings about keeping these clothing items around. It's a positive thing in terms of the fact that I am not completely lacking items to wear but, as a strong supporter of the closet purge, I feel it easy to get comfortable with those items, because they are there and they "work," even though they don't actually fit and they should (probably) go. Am I just being too picky?
  • Top: black dress, Maggy London via Unique Thrift Store
  • Shoes & Accessories: black t-strap sandals, LOFT; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.;

I'm linking up with Spotlight Style and Fashion Files

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...