Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 7, 2011: Stranded Blogger

So, I totally stole that title from Katy over at Modly Chic. It is the hashtag for her event tonight and I am so excited to go and meet up with other stylish bloggers! Actually, I am honestly more excited about this that any other FNO related events. I will try to snap some pictures to share with you so you can live vicariously through me...

That being said I needed to make sure that my outfit for tonight was work appropriate and let me just say I flipping love this dress! I found it while I was shopping with my Mom at the thrift store a while ago and she tailored it for me. Now I think it fits the bill on all levels. It is vintage for real and even has pockets!! The only thing I wish I could do differently with this outfit is add a snazzier belt. My mom said red but, she is a poster girl lady for matchy matchy. I was thinking snake print but, I'll make do with what I have for now... What color belt would you pair with this dress?

Another challenge that I faced was the precipitation. Remember yesterday when my hair was straight? Yeah not so much anymore as you can see. I spent all my time while commuting yesterday dodging the proverbial bullet AKA rain drops only to be defeated by the extreme humidity and a tiny hole in the top of my umbrella (Really Totes? You are supposed to be for life!) Are you experiencing a drought? I'll come and get my hair done where you are I guarantee you it will rain (sans Keratin) but, I digress... I just gave in and am going al natural which doesn't always feel as "stylish" to me. Do you prefer straight hair or curly hair? What seems more stylish to you?
  • Top: red and black polka dot dress, Clues Collections (Vintage) via The Unique Thrift Store/gift from Mom 
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack peep-toe wedges, Dr. Scholl's; my abuela's vintage silver hoop earring; black belt, came with this dressgray and black Ashley shoulder bag, Pietro Alessandro

My Stella & Dot pick:
Bardot Spiral Bangle - Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...