Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 19, 2011: She Paints Me Blue

I have a confession to make, I didn't get to work yesterday. The rain/ice/snow/sleet that was falling out of the sky encased my car in a sheet of weather stuff. I should have taken a picture it probably looked pretty but, I digress... I spent forever cracking the ice with my trusty scraper and cleaning it off only to start slipping and sliding and I tried to drive to work. I made it about two blocks and decided it would be better to head home. All while wearing my leopard print flats... Crazy? Definitely! I couldn't feel my feet. I guess that outfit can be saved for another day since I didn't actually wear it to work; one when it's not "weathering". After checking the forecast I am sad to say it is a week of boots, except for maybe tomorrow. It's supposed to be sunny with snow again on Friday. Yes, style blogger and meteorologist.... eat your heart out Bill Evans.

Can we just talk about this skirt for a minute? I had spotted it in the GAP while shopping at full price ($46.50) and instantly fell in love. I am a sucker for anything ombre. For a bunch of reasons (my poorness, it's expensiveness, acheiving another month of no purchases) it didn't come home with me that day. But, many weeks later while actually Christmas shopping  I found one left in my size on sale for $13.00. BF told me to throw it on the pile of Christmas goodies for everyone else... love him! How else would you style this fab skirt?
  • Top: yellow short sleeved sweater, GAP outlet; white polka dot button down, Merona for Target
  • Bottom: blue and gray ombre skirt, GAP/gift from BF
  • Shoes & Accessories: black Madison Heights Tall Boots, Timberland via Zappos (not orginally pictured); black tights, Just My Size via CVS; pearl earrings, birthday gift from Mom via Macy's; black Spy Bag, Fendi

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, and here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...