Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 24, 2012: An All Day Outfit

While Friday tends to be a more casual day there are some mornings where it doesn't matter that it's almost the weekend, I just want to be my fancy self! It's a vicious cycle... Thankfully, wearing any office appropriate dress is a nice compromise between polished and comfortable. This dress in particular is a great example because it is made of light, stretchy (but, not super tight) material. I have no idea what company it's from I found it in the madness that was The Big Fat Flea. Have you ever been? What did you think? My only gripe about the dress is the awkward diagonal seam that goes right under my stomach and definitely (or I'm paranoid) highlights that area... awkward but, easy enough to forget about because of the extreme comfort. 

While my ensemble was great for the office, with brownie points (in my mind) for keeping it super professional on a summer Friday it was also perfect for a night out on the town. I met up with a good friend of mine whose visiting from Florida. We had a delish dinner and took in a play. You guys might think that everyday living in New York City is like that for everyone but, I can assure you it's not... at least not for me. On the average day I'm just happy to get home after work and take some time to catch up on blog stuff, hang out with BF, do responsible adult things like clean/laundry, and catch up on my DVR. Yes, my 20-something life is indeed glamorous...
  • Top: black sheath dress, no tag via The Big Fat Flea; gray ruffle front cardigan, LOFT/gift from BF's parents
  • Shoes & Accessories: black flip flops, Rocket Dog via DSW; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF  

Items from this outfit are previously seen here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...