Friday, April 1, 2011

FBFF: Rules Of Engagement

1. Guest posts are a good way to gain new exposure. What do you think is the appropriate way to go about securing a guest spot?

I've only ever done guest posts when other bloggers have reached out to me. I have never gone looking for the opportunity. I suppose there are some bloggers that I have emailed with on a more social basis that I would be very comfortable reaching out to in terms of "strangers" I would just send them a friendly email.

2. Leaving comments is essential to growing your blog. But how can you leave a comment without coming across as ‘Follow Me. Follow Me!’?

Those comments totally turn me off! I am honestly appalled when people leave them for me or email me with the same sentiment. I try to talk about what the person is wearing or what they were talking about in their post.

3. We’ve all gotten a mass email at one time or another asking for blog exposure, a link exchange, etc… But the mass emails don’t work. How do you make your email stand out from the crowd?

When I do email people it is not with a cookie cutter "link exchange" type of email. It is one that it personal and individualized to whatever I like about their blog or what I would like to collaborate with them on!

4. In interacting with other bloggers where do you draw the line between seeking support and begging for exposure?

I don't think I have ever asked anyone for exposure that seems to similar to, "Follow my blog, I'll follow yours." The only time that I can think of asking for support was when I went on vacation and asked some of my favorite bloggers to guest post while I was gone. While it was more beneficial for me (and all of you awesome readers) it was beneficial on some level for them as well.

5. What’s one rule of engagement error you made and how have you remedied that?


I think I could be more social with other bloggers in terms of emailing with them. I haven't really remedied it but, I'm working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...