Friday, January 14, 2011

FBFF: Planning Ahead

1. How do you determine what you will wear that day?

I organize my closet by color of clothing (it's just easier for me) and I go by that ex: "I am going to wear something red today!" The rest of it builds from that one piece I pick. Also, theme weeks/challenges help because they limit what I have to work with.

2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend?

I didn't used to plan my outfits in advance but, recently I have been looking at things a week at a time. This is mostly because my photographer AKA BF didn't really appreciate having to traipse downstairs after a long day everyday just to take my picture but, we discussed this already... It has kind of backfired on me though because thing happen (ahem, snow) and it hijacks me into altering the plan. I don't cry about it or anything but, I like to be authentic!

3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don't repeat?

This was the first question I was asked by a reader, here is my answer. Long story short: I am a nerd. To be honest though, I haven't really been great at keeping up with it but, if I think I might be repeating an outfit I just search a piece of it on 260 Days, No Repeats and cross reference what I want to wear with what comes up. It's worked out so far...

4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet? (Trial try-ons? Hanging items together?)

I'm sure there are a bunch of different ways for this but, not being able to wear the same combination of things definitely helps. I can't rely on the same outfits over and over so I'm forced to be creative. Normally, I start by throwing things together on the bed and if I like the way that looks I'll try them on then search for accessories, it's a process.

5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time?

I think the pre-planning of outfits will help tremendously and I have a few more theme weeks in the works so I am forced to focus on specific things in my closet but, I am open to suggestions!

Check out everyone elses answers over at Modly Chic!

6 comments:

  1. Love how you have your closet organized....mine is by clothes type...yours is a great idea:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Lulus Giftcard Giveaway!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too keep my closet organized by clothing type, but the idea of color is interesting. I wonder if that would help me be more creative or help me forget what I have. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep my closet organized by tyle, but not by color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theme weeks would be a great way to ensure that you are always trying new things. Good idea! Of course, you are amazing for pushing yourself to not repeat for 260 days. I'm doing Be Fashionable Daily's month challenge and that is hard enough!
    I also tend to think of one thing I want to wear and figure how to work around that.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are so organized. I wish I was like that! Instead I am often running out the front door five minutes late and without breakfast because I took to long getting ready! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was as organized as you! I try to be organized but then I just end up not putting things back where they're supposed to go lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...