Friday, December 10, 2010

Friend Friday: Reader Connectedness

1. How important do you think reader connectedness is to the success of your blog?

Highly, if people are not engaged enough to read what you write then what is the point of blogging it in the first place?

2. What do you do to draw readers in and create that writer-reader bond?

I try to not to be too serious and am striving to remain consistent. Last week I mentioned that things took a dive in terms of content because I was feeling stressed. Well, that wasn't the only thing, my readership definitely did too. As a reader of blogs I understand, I am more engaged when those two things are present so now it's just a matter of getting back to and perhaps surpassing where I was previously in terms of readership/engagement. It's nice to know that people are listening to what I have to say... see #1

3. What is one way you could improve this connection?

I think keeping up with ones blog is important because you might draw in new people as your writing evolves but, there is no ace up my sleeve. Other than that, I'm not really sure but, if I come up with with something you will be the first to know!

4. Is there a blogger you think does a great job creating that writer-reader bond? Why?

Kendi from Kendi Everyday was the first person that comes to mind when reading this question. She makes me laugh so, I  want to come back and read more!

5. What do you do to cultivate new readers? How do you get them to your site in the first place?

One of the biggest things that attracts new readers is Facebook so, I try to be consistent about linking my posts there to other pages. This has been the most successful "tactic" by far. Taking part in challenges is another one. It's fun for me and it has the added benefit of drawing other participants in. Giveaways are the last thing big thing in my experience but, I am not going to go out on the regular and buy things so I can give them away on my blog... I barely buy things for myself! But, giveaway and readership are tied. You need to have an engaging blog that attracts people before a company is going to give you anything for free. Plus the readers that you might attract through challenges and giveaway might not stick around past the completion of the event that attracted them in the first place.

Check out everyone else's answers over at ModlyChic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...