Tuesday, November 23, 2010

November 18. 2010: Thursday Past

I am operating on a serious delay. Life happens (as we all know) but, it is my current mission to catch up and have everything back on track by Thanksgiving. Not too lofty (I hope) and considerably easier after I retrieve one of my cameras left at a friend's apartment over the weekend. I wish that one was small enough to fit in my pocket but, I digress... Thankfully, I am picking it up tonight.

I wore this outfit to regular work; no meetings, no job fairs, just hanging out in my cubicle and getting stuff done. I still look pretty put together though, right? I find that I am more productive when I fit the part of "put together young professional" even when I don't necessarily have to. Do you find a similar correlation between your level of dress and your productivity at work? If so, do you utilize the way you dress as a method of increasing your productivity?
  • Tops: brown and cream argyle sweater, Merona for Target (same shirt different color here)
  • Bottoms: gray wool pencil skirt, Isaac Mizrahi for Target/hemmed by Mom
  • Shoes & Accessories: brown pumps, Candies via Kohl's (same shoes different color here); purple tights, Duane Reade; pearl earrings, gift from Mom; vintage Louis Vuitton speedy, eBay

Items from this outfit are previously seen here:

3 comments:

  1. That's why I dress up to go volunteer - I'm so much more productive if I'm dressed up.
    I love the rich tights with this look - it totally kicks everything up a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did purple with the grey and brown! sweet combo.

    I think what you wear can definitely motivate you, it really changes your attitude!

    good luck getting caught up! (i'm perpetually behind...)

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to comment on this outfit. Those purple tights are calling out too me. I love the whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...