Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 19, 2010: Before The Sun Rises

I told one of my friends that I would give them a ride to the airport this morning since it would take them significantly longer to get there on public transportation at this time. Due to the earlier than normal hour of today's departure from home I am all about being super comfortable but, still work appropriate since I will probably head straight into the office once I drop her off. Is it the most flattering look in the world? Perhaps not although, the rhinestone epaulets are pretty awesome but, I digress... Either way, the aforementioned flattery wasn't really the driving force behind today's outfit. Ideally, I strive for comfortable and stylish looks but, occasionally there are days like today where practicality trumps the norm. Does every outfit you wear need to be complimentary to your body or are there days when you sacrifice that for comfort?
  • Top: gray jewel drapey top, LOFT birthday gift from Mom
  • Bottom: white pinstripe capris, New York and Company
  • Shoes & Accessories: silver gladiator sandals, Isaac Mizrahi for Target (similar and on sale here); silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; black spy bag, Fendi

Items from this outfit are previously seen here:

3 comments:

  1. Two cheers for having the self possession that allows us to have comfy days. I have them pretty frequently! Some days I just want to be comfortable in practical, easy clothing. Looking cute (like you do here, of course) is just a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that oversized red shirt. i want one! ;-) work it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not always in the most flattering looks. Sometimes comfort just wins out and that means something that's a little looser or longer than the "ideal" for my body. And that's okay. I do think, though, that this outfit is super cute. That top is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...