Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 29, 2010

My favorite accessories by far are my handbags. For some ladies it's shoes, others jewelry but, all I need to be truly happy (with my wardrobe) is a great bag!

On my trip to London in 2004 (wow it doesn't feel that long ago) with my fav cousin V and our mutual friend Alex we took in as many sites as we could during our brief time there. As a fledgling fashionista one of my stops had to be Harrods. It was exceedingly similar to Macy's Herald Square and one of the few things I remeber from the inside of the store was the Tracey Emin for Longchamp posters plastered all over and those beautiful bags in the glass cases obviously too expensive for me to purchase at their retail price. But, less than a year later those same ah-mazing bags were available at the Longchamp outlet and the rest is history... Today's outfit was definitely put together to showcase the tote I loved, lost, and later purchased! Either way, I am quite fond of the whole outfit's classic simplicity.

2 comments:

  1. London was lovely, I'm so happy we made that trip.
    -v

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bag! I'm not a bag person myself (not that I'd kick one of out bed if it came along) but I definitely see why one would lust after one like this. You did it justice with the simple pairing- though I wonder how it would look mixed with a bunch of florals, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...