Friday, August 19, 2011

FFBF: When I Grow Up I Want To Be...

1. Fess up - if you could do anything professionally what would it be?

If I could do anything I would want to be a professional personal organizer! Houses, offices, apartments, closets, desks, cabinets, purses; you name it, I could do it...

2. What draws you to this?

I like things to be orderly and when things are it makes life so much easier. Honestly, not everyone is capable of doing that in every aspect of their life all the time but, I have always been able to be impartial and practical when faced with these situations and come up with economical solutions if necessary. It just seems so natural and I'm sure I could be a help to lots of people who don't have these traits!

Photo Credit: www.sharonmross.com

3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal?

It probably started when I was a personal assistant for a local doctor. She was smart and practical person who kept a beautiful home but, a train wreck of an office. I helped her put it all in order and worked with her every week to keep it that way for years! Did I mention this is when I was in high school? Yeah...

4. What's holding you back from going all in?

It seems unrealistic to me now. Who is going to pay me the hourly rate I would want to go through their mess/junk and potentially tell them they needed to buy more stuff to organize it. We are in just got out of a recession! I'm sure there are more important things for most people to spend their money on.

That being said being organized helps your save money in the end...

Photo credit: http://www.organizingsolutions.info/


5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest... what's one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream?

I guess I could try to network with more people about my "talent" but, it might be more convincing if I didn't use quotes around the word like it's a fake thing or a foreign concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...