Friday, March 25, 2011

FBFF: I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar - Feminism in Fashion

1. Do you think there is an incompatibility between feminism and a love for fashion?

Not at all, I think there is only incompatibility if you perceive there to be some. You should dress in a way that makes you comfortable and if that involves shopping and fashion then go for it! If it doesn't then that's cool too! I do think that when it comes to fashion women have a serious advantage over men, there is no equality here. Men's clothes is generally boring and stagnant. Women's fashion has a life of it's own and is constantly changing.

2. There is more to each of us than a love for fashion, how do you incorporate every aspect of yourself into your blog?

To be honest, I don't think I do and that's ok. My blog is about what I wear it isn't focused on my personal life, what I do, where I go, what I cook, crafty things I do, etc. but, those are all things that are part of me. Honestly, I don't think I would ever leave my computer if I incorporated those things as well.

3. With the fashion industry still being a male-dominated profession, how do you think it would differ if women played a larger role?

Maybe it would be a little more realistic (especially advertising) and all fashion would be more attainable to everyone. But, maybe I'm just being hopeful.

4. How is your self-image and the way you carry yourself informed by your beliefs?

This is a tricky question. In a nutshell, I believe I'm worth it so I try and dress the part. Does that make sense?

5. Do you think clothing/makeup/hair helps communicate the truth about yourself or are those things superfluous add-ons?


I think all those things absolutely help communicate appropriateness which is one thing I strive to attain. It differs across situations but, I want to be dressed well for whatever situation because that definitely makes me feel comfortable and ready to deal with whatever I might have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...