- Do check the expected temperatures for your destination. You might think you have a good idea of the expected weather but, it could be unseasonably warmer/colder and that could impact the types of clothing and accessories that you need to bring with you.
- Don't leave everything for the night before. It seems simple enough but, when life gets crazy there are always things that get left till the last minute and you don't want to have to pack on top of that. If you have an early morning flight it's better to get some sleep than stay up all night packing and taking care of other business.
- Do try to stick to a list, whether is one that you buy and refer to or one of your own creation. These simple guidelines can keep you from forgetting things or completely over packing. (I have a propensity towards the latter) If you do leave things for the last minute this can be your savior as most travelers are in danger of doing either or both.
- Don't panic! So maybe you didn't bring any socks or underwear. There is probably a Target/Walmart/CVS where you are going (at least domestically) and you will be able to replace whatever you forgot with an identical or similar items.
- Do have fun. You are on vacation for cripes sake and should enjoy every minute of it!
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Packing Do's and Dont's
You can read alot of great advice on how to pack for trips all over the internet. Now, I'm going to give you some of that plus some major packing donts/thing to avoid that I have learned while preparing for my most recent trip. Some of it might seem simple but, I wish someone had expressed these things to me before! If so, maybe my packing experience would not have been such a flurry of clothes and such with things left behind in the wreckage.