Friday, October 22, 2010

Friend Friday: Product Placement

1. As we watched the Chilean Miners being rescued last week, there were many things to take note of - the amazing faith of these people, the joy of life, love and family, and - interestingly enough - product placement. As you watched the rescue efforts did you notice the products? What were your thoughts?

Honestly, the only brand I remember from all the news is Oakley. They made those snazzy sunglasses that the miners wore to protect their eyes from UV rays as they acclimated back to normal life. I thought it was a little taboo when they started talking about where you could buy a pair for yourself if you wanted. I guess either way they succeeded promoting themselves...

2. Product placement is all around us today, what do you think makes it such a marketing gold mine?

I think people like to buy what they are familiar and comfortable with. If they see someone using something, even if it isn't in person, they are more inclined to try it. It's like when a friend tells you about a wonderful experience they had with a certain thing, you would probably lean more towards that if you needed to based on the good review and prior exposure to the brand.

3. On your blog, either now or in the future, what is/will be your stance on highlighting specific products?

I wouldn't mind highlighting specific things if they are a product, or company for that matter, that works with 260 Days, No Repeats. I would assume that I or the readers would in some way be compensated but, that doesn't matter if it is a product that stinks or doesn't really have anything to do with what we are all interested in i.e: ratchet set.

4. If the opportunity arose would you give a bad review of a product?

I suppose if it wasn't a good one then I would.

5. Do you view your blog as a product? Where have you or do you hope to place it?

I don't view it as a product but, I like the to think of it as an outlet. I have tried to put it out there in as places as I can (so many so that sometimes I wonder if I have spread myself too thin) so that I can introduce it to more people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...