Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Separates Attract

I know, I know, my secret is out, we Hubby took all of my outfit pictures over the weekend. It was better for me given my schedule between gym, work, and this certification/professional development test prep class I am in for the next few weeks. The only issue with advance outfit planning/pictures is that I have to rely on the weather as it is available over the weekend and as we all know meteorology can sometimes feel about as scientific and accurate as fortune telling. I was under the impression that yesterday and today were supposed to be rainy and terrible so, I went with pants and was even getting ready to tuck them into my boots on the way to work... maybe a little overkill.

If you had followed along with my foray into the world of Wordpress you might have seen the post I wrote about suit separates/faking a suit. That's the vibe I am getting from my outfit today even though that was not necessarily my intention. Although, it should have been because I have a recruitment event today but, I digress... As you read (and could probably deduce) most all of my suits don't fit me. I resemble a child playing dress up. It's frustrating to say the least, Suits don't grow on trees! But, enough about my wardrobe "problems," I'll make it work. Overall, I like the way this "suit-esque" ensemble came out even though I wasn't distinctly trying to fake a suit. What do you prefer, suits or separates?
  • Top: maroon dolman sleeve blouse, Style & Co.; black blazer, Ann Taylor
  • Bottom: black pinstripe pants, Ann Taylor via Goodwill
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West; pearl earrings, Macys


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...