Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Work With What You've Got: Leftovers

I know everyone is familiar with Sally Hansen Manicure Strips. If you're not then you need to get with the program! They are pretty fantastic, allowing people to have some of the snazziest nails without the painstakingly long trip to the actual salon.


But, when all that is said and done you still have 6 additional strips that didn't fit on your digits! And as economical as these nail strips might seem they actually cost more than a manicure in some stores... not cool! What's the point of doing it yourself if you are going to pay more?


I have seen lots of other people do only the ring or pointer finger but, I wanted to try something different! So I decided to do a little patchwork... I started out with a basic manicure using Maybelline's Salon Expert Nail Polish in Sheer Ballet Pink. Then I did some of this:

 




You can cut and place them anyway you like. I cut them in half/thirds and placed them in a symmetrical patterns on my nails. I also ended up painting another coat of nail polish on one side so that the nail strip wasn't dramatically higher than the rest of the nail bed. As great as these nail strips are one of the best ways to ensure a long lasting manicure with them is to start with very clean nails and I don't think manicured nails qualify; We'll see how long it lasts...


Either way I like the finished product! It is unique and it's subtle. I also think it would look great with a more noticeable contrast like lace and maroon, lightbulb! No one has given me any feedback yet but, I think it's only a matter of time... Have you thought of any cool uses for your extra polish strips? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...