Friday, February 4, 2011

FBFF: Being Part Of The Main Event

1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?

I honestly haven't come across anything that I wouldn't be or haven't been a part of except for the 30 for 30. The idea of limiting myself that much actually freaks me out. It might be weird considering how I limited myself to shopping only in my closet for one year but, I never said I was absolutely not going to shop for anything new and I have a ton of clothes! It seems like it could be fun but, I don't think it's for me right now.

2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?

I don't think so. I have a few things in the works now though so we will see if any of them pan out in a less than ideal way... I like the "events" because they give even more structure to what I am doing. Sometimes I look at my closet jam packed full of clothes and think, "What am I going to wear?" but, if I need to focus on a certain color or pattern it makes it easier. It's like a mini vaca for my fashion brain!

3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?

Well first of all I don't think pick things that are unrelated. Everything I partake in is in some way linked to what I am doing ex: a pattern or clothing style I like, a cause I support. I didn't do the pink for breast cancer awareness month because I wasn't sure how I was going to pull it of (kind of like the 30 for 30) and I like to see things through to the end but, I am doing the red on Fridays in February to support heart disease awareness to test the waters. Maybe next October you will see me in head to toe pink all month long!

4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do you keep in mind?

I think about what I would want to read and how this new thing is related to what I have already done. I also try to assess if it's feasible for me to complete the task at hand because like I said before I like to see things through to the end.

5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style?

I comment, comment, comment... I have been going crazy trying to keep up and support the 30 for 30 peeps, there are so many of you!

Check out everyone else's answers at ModlyChic!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...