Friday, December 3, 2010

Friend Friday: Blogger Burnout

1. How many hours a week do you spend blogging? Has that number changed since you started blogging? I honestly have no concrete idea. It varies from week to week anyway. I think for a while before my vacation it had seriously increased but, being away from it for a while made it really hard to get back into the swing of things. I'm seriously determined to make that happen!

2. There is always more you can do, write, read, comment on... how do you limit your time spent on these tasks? At this point commenting and such is becoming a weekend thing. I have tried to do it during the day while I am at work and I need a mini break but, it's hard because my internet is being a jerk (seriously the slowest in the world) or stuff comes up that I need to attend to. But, I am completely capable of (and on some level excited for) getting a hot cup of chai or coffee and curling up on Sunday morning with my laptop to read all my favorite blogs and catch up! Now when you see a barrage of comments from me you know why...

3. Have you experienced Blogger burnout yet? How have you dealt with that? I think so? I'm not sure if I can attribute it completely to the blog though. Things in life were getting a little stressful for a while and sadly the blog and quality of the posts feel victim to it. It started with complaints but, then I realized no one really wants to hear about all that so, posts became shorter and to the point: I am wearing clothes... It's cold outside... But, despite the impending doom stress of the holidays I have been feeling more positive and I think when I can work my blogging schedule out things will be on a total upswing!

4. This time of the year is always a lot busier than any other time. Will your blogging change as a result? I am excited for the holidays but, they are definitely a huge source of stress. I think the daily outfit posts will continue as is but, I was thinking about another guest blogging thing while I am on vacation. I'm not sure exactly when that is going to be so, we'll see.

5. Could you forsee a moment in which you are not blogging anymore? How would you identify that it's time to walk away? I suppose there might come an occasion where I just don't have time for it anymore. I think that would be the reason... But, I have had some form of blog for more than 5 years. I like to write. I see that it is hard to make this work now but, I'm still having fun so I'm willing to put in a little extra effort. Maybe when I don't enjoy it anymore I would stop. If you couldn't tell I'm a bit torn! Maybe it won't always be this but, I'm not sure why or when that change will happen.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud at this line: 'posts became shorter and to the point: I am wearing clothes... It's cold outside... ' So true, that is totally what happens to us sometimes. - Katy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...