Friday, May 27, 2016

Softfooted

Are you ready for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend? I know I am. While I don't have any major travel plans, I am getting ready for summer which is right around the corner. That means making plans with friends, continuing to werk on my summer body, identifying warm weather wardrobe gaps, getting a base tan, you know the regular stuff... One thing that everyone who is not headed to a beach somewhere seems to be doing is hitting their local nail salon for a manicure and intense pedicure; you know, the one where you splurge for the callus remover and extra moisturizing treatment. After all, sandal season is upon us! I, on the other hand, have been doing my own mani/pedis (mostly) for quite some time and I would like to stick with it. The tricky part is getting that same intense level of foot care. Enter Korean foot peeling treatments! I am not one for the latest beauty trends but, all of the Korean beauty products that I have come across seem great. With my feet needing some extra love after a long winter this seemed like a great idea.

I came across Baby Foot Deep Exfoliation For Feet through some quick internet research. At the time, I was still working in midtown so, I headed over to K-Town to check things out in person. While I wasn't sure exactly where I should be headed I ended up at The Mask Bar and had some aggressive knowledgeable young ladies help me find Baby Silky Foot One Shot Peeling as well as some other "necessities". The foot mask sat with my other mani/pedi stuff for quite a while but, as summer is upon us I thought last weekend would be a good time to give it a try. Here's what I learned:
  • One important thing to know right off the bat is that this treatment is basically a chemical peel for your feet just in case you have sensitivities to that kind of thing. 
  • It is important to set aside a good amount of time for the treatment (90 minutes minimum). Read a book, knit, watch a movie, play some video games... whatever floats your boat while you sit around wearing liquid filled booties 
  • From what I could gather from the Korean/bad English instructions you need to start with clean feet which I did. What I gathered from further internet research is that you should soak your feet for at least fifteen minutes prior which I did not. O well, next time... 
  • Follow the instructions and put the booties on your feet, then pour the liquid in, sit back and relax. I would say leave them on for the full 90 minutes if not a little longer. Since I was hanging out with friends having a good old(ish) Mario Kart brawl on Wii U (hence the "ish") they definitely stayed on for an extra 20 minutes at least.



  • When you are done with the treatment, wash and dry your feet. PSA: your feet will look the same although they might feel a little smoother. Further internet research had informed me that I should have been soaking my feet daily afterwards to encourage the peeling which I did not. I did, however, take showers and noticed that my feet were peeling in a totally gross/satisfying way. 
  • While the instructions say not to pick at your feet it's kind of hard not to once they start peeling. It isn't going to hurt so go for it. You can also rub you hands on your feet or rub your feet together to encourage the skin to fall off.
  • Do this now! Meaning, while you are still wearing shoes on the regular to hide your gross/amazing peeling feet. It's embarrassing to be hanging out with family, friends, co-workers, the mailman, while large flakes of skin are separating from your feet and peeling off. 
Overall, I am satisfied with the results form my first foray into a Korean foot mask but, I think next time it will be even better/grosser because I now have a few pro tips (soak, and soak more) in my repertoire to try. Based on recommendations once a month seems to be the agreed upon frequency of use so, I've got some time before I try again. If you want to try this is the mask that I got and used with good results:

[Holika Holika] Baby Silky Foot One Shot Peeling

Here are some other options if you are interested in trying something different. If you do, let me know how they work:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...