Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Purchases & Aquisitions: May 2012

You might have gathered that I am going to a wedding at the end of the month. While I was hopeful that eShakti.com would send me a dress I might still be able to make it work with this last minute wedding guest dress it is still not the most flattering ensemble. Combing through my closet again for an alternative so I could avoid shopping was fruitless and I knew I had to hit the stores; Begrudgingly so because, as I've mentioned, shopping in general is becoming less fun and more frustrating.

I decided I was going to hit the discount retailers like Nordstrom Rack, TJ Maxx, and Marshall (to name a few) but, after combing through racks and racks of dresses to no avail I knew it was time to head somewhere else. My shopping buddy and I hoofed it over to Macy's hoping to find something acceptable and end the shopping madness. Thankfully after combing though even more racks and racks of dresses I found an Adrianna Papell dress hiding on a clearance rack. One of my favorite fancy dress designers ever since I wore this dress to a different wedding Maybe it was meant to be...


After trying the dress on and finding it to be a(n almost) perfect fit I knew this was the one. There is some weird business going on with the zipper but, I'm sure my Mom will be able to tame it with her mad sewing skills. With the $140.00 price tag whittled down to $83.00(ish) and a coupon in hand I headed to the register to end my odyssey. To my pleasant surprise the dress was even cheaper than the tag read and with my coupon it came out to $38.36! Totally worth it for my cousin's big day!! Did you have any great shopping experiences last month?

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a $100 Shopbop giftcard!
Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a free dress from eShakti.com!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...