Friday, December 31, 2010

Friend Friday: Blogger Resolutions 2011

1. What's the one thing you vow to learn or do in 2011 to improve your blog?

I really want to learn how to how to change things about my template. My number one focus now is custom fonts. I know a bit of HTML but, this CSS stuff is throwing me for a loop. I found some good online guides so now I just have to start implementation. More tabs would be cool too but, I need to develop content for them. Also, I would like to create a new banner/background... so many ideas, so little time!

2. What did you learn about blogging in 2010 that you plan to put into practice next year?

I think the most important lesson I learned was about keeping your content fresh and positive. No one wants to listen to you complain or hear the same old thing over and over again. I want to tell more stories and make more jokes.

3. Do you have any high-level goals for your blog in the coming year? Monetization? More comments? More connections with other bloggers? A new template?

I would love to monetize but, I don't think that is realistic. I don't think I have a large enough audience to get sponsorships or anything like that. I would really love to host more giveaways or do more sponsored product reviews consistently but, again I need to develop a larger following before that happens. Either way, this is a fun hobby not my money making profession so if it doesn't take off in that manner that's ok but, it would be great for the readers!

4. If you could collaborate with one other blogger within your sphere of influence in 2011, who would you like to collaborate with, and what would you like to collaborate on?

I would love to collaborate with other bloggers! Some of the ways that I have already done so (and would love to continue doing) is through guest posting or challenges they, I or someone else develops. I would be open to other prospects!

5. What do you plan to do to support other bloggers next year?
  • I will comment, comment, comment as much as I possibly can.
  • I will check out new blogs as much as I can as well and add them to my blogroll if I think they would be a good fit. The links in my blogroll are changing as I add more that I like and take away the ones that have gone dormant.  
  • I will answer questions and try to participate more in the FBFF community as much as possible.

4 comments:

  1. If you are looking for fonts definitely check out http://www.kevinandamanda.com/, they have great fonts and even better tutorials for the technologically challeneged.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I would like to comment more because it's all about the connection and getting to know other bloggers.
    I would also like to collaborate more with other bloggers in 2011. I swapped blogs twice this year and it was awesome so I would like to do it again.
    I think that you could do a small giveaway like a test and see how it goes.
    Nice to read about your goals and much success to you in 2011.

    Happy New Year!
    JT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not have a blogger account anymore but that was the only way I could leave a message.
    This is my url
    www.bubblingwitheleganceandgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great q's to think about for blogging, thanks for posting :-)

    Happy New Year!
    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...