Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Guest Post: The Joy Of Fashion - Working One Item

While I am away on my wonderful (and much needed) vacation I have asked a few of my favorite bloggers to step in and write guest posts. I asked each of them to come up with their own topic and post that they felt fit with what I am doing here over at 260 Days, No Repeats. I am loving what they have come up with! Today I am pleased to have Marie McGrath from The Joy of Fashion discuss her formulas for remixing like a pro. I will be back to regular blogging on October 19th, 'till then...



Hello everyone!! My name is Marie McGrath and I have a little happy blog called The Joy of Fashion. I was so flattered when Iris contacted me to write a post on her wonderful blog, so of course I agreed!

I thought it would be fun to show you different ways in which you could wear one item. In this case, I will show how versatile a colorful skirt can be. Any skirt with several colors would work for all the following ideas. Hope you like them!

1. Try wearing the skirt with a funky color combo! Just take two colors from the skirt and wear them somewhere in your outfit! In my case, I used a bright yellow top and a bright blue scarf as a belt. Then all you have to do is keep the rest of the outfit neutral.


2. Or why not try pairing the colorful skirt with colorful tights for a bold statement look! Just pick a color from your skirt and wear tights in that color. I would recommend keeping the rest of the outfit neutral to not overdo it.


3. No colored tights? Well why don't you try some patterned ones! Pattern mixing is always very fashion forward for those of you who feel bold enough to give it a try. The pattern mixing shouldn't compete with anything else, so keep the rest of the outfit simple (like I did with the simple green turtleneck and neutral accessories).


4. A more subtle option is to pair it with a feminine white top and a pop of color in the shoes. In this case, I paired the colorful skirt with a white lace ruffle top. Then I kept things interesting by adding some bright blue shoes! Make sure the color of the shoes comes from somewhere in your skirt.


5. This skirt can also be very work appropriate by just pairing it with a collar shirt. I would recommend wearing a colorful collar shirt like this green one I am wearing (which combines with the green in the skirt). You could also add a little cardi if your office is cold. Pair it with some sophisticated shoes and accessories and voila! Work chic!



And those are my 5 different looks with one same skirt. The possibilities are truly endless when it comes to a colorful skirt because there are so many colors to work with! So go ahead and give it a try! How would you wear a colorful skirt like this?

For more fashion tips, daily outfits, and more; stop by my blog! I have a very colorful, cute, happy style that will hopefully be of your liking. Hope to see you all there! :)

Don't forget to enter the giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...